Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Small changes and my success

So I guess today's post is about how I made small changes in my life and ended up so far with big success. I know from many times before that completely cutting things out of my diet that I love will not work for me. So this time instead I don't beat myself up if I have some chips or chocolate or whatever. I think of it as a treat and don't get all huffy about eating it. I see soooooo many people beating themselves up from having some fries or some chips. That my friends is just hurtful to your self esteem. Constantly analysing what you have eaten that is bad for you makes you constantly focused on food. I now look at food as fuel and that sometimes I put bad fuel in my body but that I balance it out by working out and have healthy meals.

I also have started putting healthy foods in not so healthy stuff. For example, I always put frozen corn in our Kraft Dinner. Now the kids and hubby don't even notice it there. I also mix frozen veggies in things like tuna helper and hamburger helper. I make our own bread and make burgers full of zucchini and mushrooms. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

So I guess in short, I have made small changes in our diet, hidden things among others to make it more healthy and so far its worked!! This i think for me will be the secret to my success!!! I also don't beat myself up when I miss a workout....I just say "OK your day off is over" and get right back to it! I work out every day....not 3 times a week or 5 times a week....EVERYDAY!!!!! I take usually 1 day off a week but I am trying to go for 2 weeks straight...I'm on day 4! hahaha

Until next time,

Love yourself and your family!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment