Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blueberry Oatmeal Bars....with Spinach!!!

These were super fast to make! I had them in the oven in about 5 minutes! They are super yummy and full of spinach! This is another great recipe from Deceptively Delicious!!


........

2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup low sugar blueberry jam
1/2 spinach puree

Mix oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and vanilla together in a bowl. Then cut in the margarine until it resembles coarse meal. Margarine bits will still be visible and no not over mix! Set aside half of the mixture and press the rest in an 8X8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Place pan in oven heated to 375 for about 10 minutes until lightly brown. Then mix blueberry jam and spinach together and spread over top of partially baked oat mixture. Then sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top of the blueberry/spinach layer. Place back in the oven for about 20 minutes until slightly brown. Set the pan on a wire rack and let cool, then cut into 12 squares.

*I made some modifications to this! I didn't use cooking spray, since I don't like putting things like that in my kids bodies. I put a little margarine on a paper towel and greased my pan. I also think an 8X8 pan is too small. My bars are quite thick, next time i will use a 9X9 pan. i also didn't use low sugar jam...since I wasn't paying much attention at the grocery store!

These have no spinach taste in them at all! Cant wait for the kids to have one after supper!!

Until next time....

Love yourself  and your family.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment