Friday, January 21, 2011

Spinach in chicken nuggets? Yes, I think so!!!

Hey everyone!!

So I have fallen off the wagon a little this week with some crappy eating and missing 2 workouts. But I'm back on the wagon and here is a new recipe I tried tonight. This is from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook again! These nuggets were super yummy and had a whole cup of spinach puree in them! Although next time i may cook them in the oven or on my skillet, but I did as the recipe wanted which was fry in a little bit of oil.

So here we go..............

1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup spinach puree
1 egg
1 lb chicken breasts

Take chicken out and pound it with a meat mallet until flat and thin, cut into chunks. Take all dry ingredients and mix together in a shallow pan. Take the egg and spinach and mix together in another shallow pan. Put small amount of oil into frying pan and heat on medium heat. Dip chicken in wet mixture first, then roll in dry until well covered. Fry in pan for about 4 minutes and flip, frying on the other side for about 4 minutes. Check largest piece to see if its done. Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool down some and serve!



These were so easy! And they were very good! I have lots leftover which I am going to freeze and take out when we need a quick meal!!




So there you go folks! A great way to fool your kids (and husband) into eating veggies!!! Since I'm back on the wagon my measurements will be in about 2 weeks...eek! Scary!

For now,

Love yourself and your family!

Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment